Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Layout: 4 Months Old

Hi all!  Here's a LO that I started (and finished!) this weekend:
I LOVE doing grid-type layouts for things like this-a page that highlights a span of time.  I mean, is it possible to pick just a few pictures out of a whole month of cute-ness?  Not for me.  I cropped all of these squares to 1.5" in photoshop and cut them all out after printing them.  I could have left them all together and included a grid template, but I had more pictures than I needed, and I needed to go through them and make some decisions.  Plus, I find it therapeutic to cut and play with the layout of the squares.
 Here's a close-up of the grid of photos.  At 1.5" in a 5x6 grid, it was substantial enough for a 12x12 page, with some room for a title.  My Jacob is just the sweetest little boy ever!  Anyhoo, I have a bunch of catching up to do; I'd like to do a page for each month until his 1 year birthday...I'll get to it...eventually.
Here's a close-up of the stitching I did along the inner edges of the patterned paper.  I think it helps bring the different pieces together, and make them look cohesive.  Plus I just like the texture and practicing my straight sewing lines.  :-)

Here's a list of what I used:
Basic Grey: Out of Print (top patterned paper)
BoBunny: Dot (bottom patterned paper)
Little Yellow Bicycle: Boardwalk (the middle strip of paper)
(the background is kraft-not sure what manufacturer though)
Basic Grey: Cappella-Mini Mono Stickers ('four')
Basic Grey: Origins-Micro Mini Stickers ('months old')
(I love the little Basic Grey stickers for titles!)

Thanks for stopping by!  Leave me a comment with any questions!

0 comments:

Post a Comment