Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Project Life: December 19-25, 2011 & 26-31, 2011

Hello all!  This is a double dose of Project Life, since I'm catching up from the Holidays!
First up: December 19-25 (Christmas week)
There were a bunch of Christmas-themed pictures for this week, but I tried to incorporate some of the other things that were going on...
For the title card, I used a picture (possibly my favorite of Robbie and me this year) with the date included in the bottom; a picture with a friend of mine's daughter (we did an early gift exchange) and a bunch of journaling.  The Tanglewood Festival of Lights was something we did this year that I want to make a new Christmas tradition.  Liam enjoyed seeing all the lights (he's been pointing them out ever since they've been put up around our neighborhood), but I think he enjoyed his Chicken Nugget Happy Meal and not having to sit in his car seat the most.
More pictures of family and journaling to explain our crazy Christmas Eve and Christmas Day schedules (Jacob was so tired out with all the visiting and playing on Christmas Eve, he snuggled up to aunt Ashley and was out for about an hour). I love that my boys get to spend so much time with their family.  I included a delivery receipt from lunch that my sister and I had on Friday, since she was hanging out with me at my office.

Project Life: December 26-31
Lots of journaling this final week of 2011...
There's a close-up picture of Liam's new favorite toys from his grandpa and an explanation about how he plays with them, Jacob in his new p.j.'s, and some details about some projects we and my mom have been working on.
A picture of my mom, sister and me and some information about a rare Girls' Day out which was so much fun.  On this right side, I included the ticket stub (far right) from the movie I went with my friend to see on Friday night, and (far left) an Instagram photo (cropped to 2.5" x 2.5") of Liam in Time Out, along with some text about the evolution of Time Out at our house.  I mention this insert to point out, Instagram specifically -not the unfortunate necessity of Time Out in our house :-( .  Instagram is available as an iPhone app and is my.most.favorite.photo.editing.app.EVER!  I'm not sure if it's available on other smart phone systems, but if you have an iPhone (or another phone it's available on), give it a try!  It's a lot of fun and adds a lot to your photos!
So with the completion of Dec. 26-31, I have officially completed Project Life 2011!  This is a look at my cover page.  A lot of the cover pages I've seen have already been done for 2012, but I like for mine to be a 'work in progress' over the span of the year.  I like photos showing the growth of my family over the course of the year, and it's fun to go back, sometime in December, and start picking out my favorite pictures of the year.
For my 'Family' card, I used the back of one of the journaling cards (so it would be plain white) and used an old rub-on for 'Family' and some Basic Grey Scrarlet's Letter Alphabet Letters for '2011' (I used lower case i's for the 1's, since the pack only comes with one 1).  Then I just wrote our family members' names across the bottom.  I really like the way it turned out!
So, as part of your New Year's Resolutions, why not do a Project Life?!  It can be whatever you want it to be...if you want to use it instead of traditional scrapbooking, or like me, in place of traditional scrapbooking for just a little while, while you figure out where you'll find the time for traditional scrapbooking; it's totally up to you, and it's a fun way to document each week-the exciting ones, the slow ones, and the ones you don't want to forget.  Happy 2012 everyone-I hope it's your best year yet!
Check out more information here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment