Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Monday, January 9, 2012

Layout

Hello all!  Here (finally) is a scrapbook layout!  Turns out, it's tough to get any consistent scrapping done with 2 little ones running around, but I was able to this weekend!  On to the layout!
This is a 12x12 layout of my 2 -adorable- boys from sometime this summer (ignore the glare on the picture; I'm going to have to find somewhere to photograph these with better lighting).  The background paper is a textured creme card stock.  The squares are 2.5" x 2.5", and I chose the greens and blues on the squares to compliment the greens and blues of the picture.  The photograph is 4.5" x 4.5".  I thought having a square photo helped to accentuate the background squares.  I stitched around the perimeter of the squares 3 times to tie it all together.
Here's a close up of some of the embellishments on the left-hand side; just some stars I cut out of My Mind's Eye: Alphabet Soup-Boy embellishment sheet.  2 of the stars are adhered to the paper and the orange one is on a pop dot to give it some dimension.
Here's a close up of the title; October Afternoon's Cherry Hill Schoolroom Alpha collection.  I thought the colors coordinated nicely.
And a close up of the stitching.  I really like stitching on my layouts.  I think it adds a lot of texture and, in this instance, helps to unite a bunch of unrelated papers.

Thanks for looking and happy scrappin'!

0 comments:

Post a Comment