Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Project Life: January 9-15, 2012

Hello!  Welcome to Week 2 of Project Life!
A colorful week this week!  This week includes 2 inserts: a customized one (more on that process below) to hold Liam's first bowling score print out, and an 8.5" x 11" one for my sister's dance concert program.
Here's a close up of the inserts; for the 8.5" x 11", I just use standard Avery brand inserts.  They're much cheaper than buying the scrapbook-brand 8.5" x 11" page protectors.  For anything that is a customized insert that fits with in the 8.5" x 11" size, I use the Avery protectors as well...I don't feel quite as bad cutting them up as I would a more expensive 12" x 12" protector.
Here's a close up of the stitching on the custom page protector.  I put the paper into the sleeve and nestle it into the corner next to the holes.  Then, I sew up the edge, about 1/4" from the paper.  I'm a very novice sewer, so my stitching isn't perfect, but I like that everything, regardless of it's size, is included in a protector.  I think it gives the entire album a feeling of continuity.
And the right-hand side: lots of journaling of everyday things, and a picture of Liam's first pair of bowling shoes (rental, of course).  How cute are those?!

Project Life is a Becky Higgins' project for documenting your Everyday.  FInd out more information here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment