Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Project Life: January 23-29, 2012


Welcome to Project Life: January 23-29!  I have a bunch of stuff going on this week, so let's jump right in!
Here's the left side; pretty basic...I printed the top left-hand photo with the date on it (something I did a lot in 2011)  I like doing this because I get 1 more picture in...and you can never have enough pictures, right?  I especially love the bottom right-hand picture of my sister asleep on our couch, and Liam driving one of his trucks over her...it's fall-asleep-at-your-own-risk at my house!

This is the first of 2 inserts for this week; a 5x7 photo of Liam at a birthday party.  It's the first birthday party he's been invited to, so it's kind of a big deal...I added text that I 'wrapped' around him (kind of like a magazine layout) to talk about the party.  I had a lot of things I wanted to journal about this week, and since I didn't want to compromise that journaling, I thought I'd get a photo + words  together, that dealt specifically with the party details I wanted to document.  I put the photo in a standard 8.5"x11" page protector, stitched up the side fairly close to the photo, trimmed the excess and viola!  A custom page protector!  This also happened to be my favorite picture from the party, so I'm glad I got to highlight it.
On the back of Liam's picture with the journaling is his party gift bag, that I trimmed to fit, and his bracelet from checking-in to the party.  Not quite getting the Monster High appeal, but then again, I don't have girls either.  But I like that it adds some color to an otherwise plain back-of-a-picture space...plus it documents the theme.
This is my second insert for this week; a modified 6x12 insert.  I got a bunch of 4x6 pocket pages with my We R Memory keepers albums, and since I didn't want a whole 12x12 insert, I trimmed it down to 6x12.  I like the eclectic look of different sized inserts.  There are 3 photos on the front and 3 on the back in this insert.  I put a small Avery label on the outside of this insert to denote that the pictures are of the birthday party.
And the right side; more pictures and journaling cards from our week, including a screen shot from my iPhone of a Facebook status, that I cropped to 4x3 to fit in a journal card space...a unique way to document what's going on in the Facebook world.

Thanks a bunch for stopping by!  Leave me a comment if you have any questions (make sure to include your e-mail address!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment